Moving our body can increase our energy level and release stress. Exercising in the morning is best because it sets a positive tone for the rest of the day. Besides the benefits of preventing diseases such as cancer and diabetes, it boosts the brain and improves our attention skills. It also improves mood and can act as a natural anti-depressant.
Finding motivation to workout can be a challenge. Sometimes it's the type of workout you are doing that can maybe get boring or simply not challenging yourself enough. Switching up workouts is important for best results. Here are a few tips to follow in order to keep yourself motivated and keep active:
- Keep a workout log. Simply writing down what you did and how you felt after your workout can keep you engaged and wanting to feel the same again. Once you begin to see a regular pattern, it can also make you feel accomplished.
- Find a workout buddy. Working out with someone else that wants to be active provides mutual motivation.
- Set goals: register for a competitive event, write down where you want to be in weeks or months.
- Join a fitness class or program: boot camp, spinning class, dance class
- Make sure you feel good in your workout clothes. If you feel self-conscious or uncomfortable in your workout clothes you will never want to workout. Find clothes that you like and are comfortable in.
- Remind yourself how good you feel after a workout. A workout, especially in the morning, usually sets the tone for the rest of the day and clears the mind.
- Use motivational quotes. Find motivational quotes online and write them on post-its and have them in places where you will read them when you wake up.
- Say YES! Simply wake up every morning and ask yourself if you should workout, answer YES every single time. You will never regret it.